[TowerTalk] Boom Truss Clamp (Collar, Sleeve?)

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Feb 28 09:36:58 EST 2018

It was to early when I wrote this and I was thinking boom to mast that we
previously discussed privately. Stauff may make an aluminum clamp that
will be better than the Hy-Gain ones that you plan on using.

The DX Engineering truss clamps that VE7RF suggested are excellent. I used
them with my P40A antennas and use them at home with some very large
beams.  For some reason the stainless steel screw did not eat though the
aluminum at P40A but you could change the hardware if that was a concern.
I am not sure if an aluminum bolt is strong enough.

John KK9A