[TowerTalk] LDF 7-50 worth

Shane Youhouse kd6vxi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 22:49:42 EST 2018

I'm not very good at replying to digests, but REFUSE to post an entire
day's threads, so apologies if I forget a reply.

Jim and others :  I have a 259b with distance to fault capabilities.  A
pseudo TDR.  I also have an AADE LC meter that uses, IIRC 2khz to do its
capacitance measurement.  And another C meter that uses 1khz.  I was going
to use all 3 to get a good idea of what the length is.  Not sure the
accuracy of the 259B in DTF mode.....  Anyone with experience that can
chime in?

John:  there is one used piece, with connectors.  One male, one female.
They are currently screwed together to maintain the weather tight
apabilities of the connectors.

The longer piece, unused and unspoiled, is inside the (I assume) used
piece.  I have access to the roll end, which comes out the inside side of
the roll.  I can read the feet markings on it, but not the other end.  I'd
have to unroll the used piece, and don't have the space to do it! I was
thinking of using the 259 in DTF, cap meters and see where I get.  If those
all closely agree, then take the feet markings from the used piece and
figure the length from the end of the roll.  If they all agree, I know how
much I've got.

However, I've not a clue as to the worth.  I haven't received the offer
yet, but wanted to know if it was a decent number before I got it.  Another
gentleman has also inquired, when I have a price in mind.

That's my problem.

--Shane
KD6VXI