[TowerTalk] Fwd: Metal Roof

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Thu Jan 11 14:51:03 EST 2018

Kelly,  the problem is that the panels are screwed (best) or nailed into boards or plywood below. With temperature changes the metal sheets or panels change and the fastener becomes a diode junction if the metals are dissimilar. Generally it is not the roof panels that cause the problem if they are all the same, it will be the fasteners and corrosion.  Gutters and downspouts with dissimilar screws are also a problem. Avoid copper and galvanized material contact as they be a real problem.

73,
Gary ~ AB9M

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Tab® 3 Lite