[TowerTalk] metal roof

Gilbert Kauffmann k3cc at verizon.net
Thu Jan 11 14:54:34 EST 2018

Tnx  My 2 meter repeater antenna is 40 ft above the metal roof  and attached to the East side wall of the house....
It seems that on xmit it favors an Eastern direction as if the signal is reflected....  Overall the rcvd signals are down.
Folks about 30 miles away are not heard anymore....in any direction....
My facebook page shows my site....Gilbert Kauffman

This summer I have a chance to have help to erect 2 towers for HF and 6 meters....40meter M2 3 el, Mosely TA34XL and HG 105CAS stacked
I will have 2 hf stations for contesting.....HB 3-1000Z and a AL1500  Orion and  Yaesu Ft1000MP/mk5

I also have a 89 ft self supporter  for 2 and 432 cw ssb

I used my mobile hf rig driving around  the house, the roof seems to reflect xmit signals at 50ft to 80ft away from the house.

The 2 Rohn 25 towers will be 200 ft apart and at least 100 ft from the house Height about  40 and 50 ft....DX takeoff  27 deg
needs abt 40 to 50 ft....high  no more....according to the software...

de Skip K3CC