[TowerTalk] Square Hole or Round Hole for Self Supporter?

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 23 09:28:45 EST 2018

I rented a mini-backhoe for about $250 (plus deposit), for a weekend, to dig
the holes for elevated guy wire pipes for my 150 foot Rohn 45 tower.  The
first hole took about an hour, damaged some nearby shrubs and trees, and was
about 60 percent larger than planned.  This was due to the learning
experience of operating the machine.  The second hole was much better, and
took about 30 minutes.  The third hole was just about perfect and took about
15 minutes.  This was in 1998.  The tower is still up, and in great shape.
Guys are EHS lower, and Phillystran beginning at 20 feet and running to the
tower.

7, Keith NM5G