[TowerTalk] N connector, Re: UHF (PL259) soldered center

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sun Jul 8 08:01:48 EDT 2018

Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 13:41:12 -0500
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry at gmail.com>
To: "Steve Maki" <lists at oakcom.org>, "towertalk"
<towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N connector, Re: UHF (PL259) soldered center

<I just took a look at pictures of the 4.3-10..

<I REALLY like the fluted part of the female connector. Looks like it has a better mating surface than the 7-16 does.

<If you don?t get the 7-16 nice and tight, (with a wrench, preferably with the proper torque wrench) they can really cause problems! Been there done that!

<Does the 4.3-10 have a better PIM rating than the 7-16?

<Thanks
<73
<Jim W7RY

##  Never had a problem with any  7-16  DIN.  What brand of female chassis din are you using ?   What brand DIN and what cable is the male
attached to ?   I have not had any issues  with inter series connectors either, like din male to type N female....  or a  7-16 din  double male,
or din double female.

##  TRU  connector  co  has at least 2 doz versions of a 7-16 DIN chassis female alone.   The latest versions have a huge chunk of teflon on the back end,
with a extra long back end pin, that is either entirely threaded, or has a transverse hole in it. That makes terminating to stuff like  silver plated cu strap a lot easier,
or any type of lug.   I just wrap the male connector with a lint free cloth..then tighten ...good  and tight.  Then the usual water proofing.

##  Some will use a TINY bit of  dielectric grease on the male center pin..and also the threads.  That works too.

Jim   VE7RF