[TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling

Bruce Jungwirth k0son at frontiernet.net
Wed Jul 11 15:42:01 EDT 2018

Thanks Jim. I’ll look at your pdf’s. Actually I would like to learn EZNEC, but for now I’m looking at two similar antennas. Both would be 210 ft , center fed with ladder line to a balun then ~25 ft of LMR400 to a Ten-Tec 238 tuner. One antenna uses any convenient length, (min 40 ft) of 450 ohm Ladder line to a 4:1 balun. The other is the DX Engineering DXE-WA-260 160-10 Meters Multi- Band Dipole kit. They recommend using 60.1ft, or odd multiple there of, of 300ohm ladder line to a 1:1 balun. I know both will be NVIS, I’m just trying to determine which would be the better choice.

Sent from my iPad