[TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 20:38:12 EDT 2018

Jim
Oh I fully understand,  but , I am not currently in a position to do that ... when I get back to a point where I can put up a real antenna(s),  I am sure I will ask these questions ...but , I still like just winging something in the air and letting er'rip so to speak...
My opinion may be out dated , but , I still maintain we have lost some of that...
Dan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 8:19 PM, Jim Brown<jim at audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:   On 7/11/2018 5:08 PM, Dan Bookwalter via TowerTalk wrote:
> I know everyone is onto modeling everything,  I am in the camp of , put it up , give it a try , dont like it , try again ...
> We have lost so much of the "ham" part of ham radio... I used to , and still do , throw a wire out and see what you can do ... other than 160 and probably 80 , you can work a suprising amount of stuff ..

My view is completely the opposite -- to me, ham radio is studying the
fundamentals and using that knowledge to build our stations, including
antennas, that work better. Wandering around in the dark is not part of
my view of ham radio.

73, Jim K9YC