[TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Thu Jul 12 00:29:25 EDT 2018

Same here.  Trial and error may eventually work, but most likely you
won't know why.  Modeling, especially if you investigate the currents
and their phasing, will help you learn and understand why something
might work or not work.  "Ham" radio doesn't mean being ignorant of the
stuff behind what we do.

There are pitfalls with modeling of course, but doing things like a
running a sensitivity analysis (tweaking dimensions to see if the
changes make sense) can minimize that.  I learned more about antennas
from playing around with EZNEC+ than I ever did from any other source.

73,
Dave   AB7E