[TowerTalk] Small Rotator

Gary gary_mayfield at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 28 20:46:21 EDT 2018

I have been trying gather the information from a bunch of places, and decided to just go to the experts here.

Our radio club has a couple of very nice trailer mounted crank up towers. I believe they are from U.S. Towers, but I am not sure. The top section of these towers has a rotator plate, but the section itself is a bit small. You can slip a Hygain CD-45 rotator into the tower and it will bolt to the plate. But it can only turn about 60 degrees as the bolts on the CD-45 run into the tower legs.

  1.  What rotators are "narrower" than the CD-45?

  1.  Which rotator is the most narrow?

Thanks and 73,
Gary "Joe" kk0sd