[TowerTalk] Grounding Vertical Radials

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 1 10:46:17 EDT 2018

Dan,

Correct, I measured the currents and wanted to see the pattern
distortion that resulted, after reading concerns about current asymmetry.

Previously, I modeled very simplified towers northwest of the vertical
(3 towers) affect on the pattern and found they were acting as
reflectors and shifting the pattern about 1.2db to favor the southeast.
The radial current asymmetry is a 0.4db influence in the opposite
azimuth.  Luck.

Developing a model for the steel building 56' x 70' x 14' is easier now
with not yet tried tools in EZNEC 6.  However, how to model a Ufer
perimeter foundation as the ground is tbd for me.  Any advice?

Grant KZ1W

PS any chance you are at SeaPac now?