[TowerTalk] Feedline - Question - Idea

Michael Clarson wv2zow at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:45:44 EDT 2018

Herb: CAT5 is only rated to go 328 feet with gig Ethernet. A better
solution would be fiber with fiber to CAT5 at each end. No chance of
RF pickup either. You are correct about N connectors being a weak
point. 7/16 DIN connectors much better. There is a newer connector
which is probably easier to deploy and smaller than the 7/16, and that
is the 4.3/10 DIN connector. It is catching on fast. --Mike, WV2ZOW