[TowerTalk] Amount of "Goop" to use in Telescoping Aluminum Tubing Connections?

Dave Sublette k4to.dave at gmail.com
Tue May 22 22:22:51 EDT 2018

I've never fretted about how much to use.  I have used rags, bare fingers,
and an old toothbrush to apply it.  If there is excess, it builds up as you
insert the element and you wipe it off.  I have never had a connection
problem and have taken many antennas apart after as long as 28 years
without a problem.  If the joint wants to be a bit sticky, bang it gently
with a block of wood.  Worst case, heat it with a propane torch then bang
it with a block of wood.

 In my experience I have used all of the mentioned goops without a
problem.  Just put the thing together and use it!

Dave, K4TO