[TowerTalk] Ferrite cores

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Tue Oct 9 00:32:35 EDT 2018

On 10/8/2018 8:01 PM, Tim Duffy wrote:
> DX Engineering has nicely color coded ferrite - #31 1.4" OD.

The problem with color codes is that you need a lookup
table to decode them.  And you need to mark the vendor
so that you know whose table to use.  When I see a color
coded core I think Micrometals, not Fair Rite.

I prefer to mark cores with white-out pens so I
can write whatever text I want such as F/R 33, etc.
It is also possible to wrap the core with white
electrical tape and write on it with a sharpie or ball
point pen.  A 3rd alternate is to use a P-touch labeller.

Rick N6RK