[TowerTalk] Waller Flag side mounted on a tower?

Tim Duffy k3lr at k3lr.com
Thu Oct 11 13:38:53 EDT 2018

Hello Rich,

I have one of the TopBeam HWF antennas up on a ring rotor at 160 feet
(24 inch face tower). I have HF Yagis above and below it. We use it only
on 160. "Sometimes" it is the best RX antenna at K3LR for 160. Last year
in the CQWW CW the HWF was the best RX antenna to Europe for 4 hours on
Saturday night. There are many good RX antennas at K3LR - 8 circle, 4
squares - 3 element large vertical array - phased DX flag loops, etc. So
it is not surprising that "sometimes" is a good indication of the HWF
performance.

For small lots the HWF can make a huge difference on the TopBand.

73

Tim K3LR