[TowerTalk] SteppIR interaction with 40m beam.

Dick Green WC1M wc1m73 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 10:56:59 EDT 2018

I have a 3-stack of 4-el SteppIRs below a Cal-Av 2D-40A beam. The booms of
all the beams are aligned.

The Cal-AV is a 2-element beam with a shortened boom (16 feet) but, unlike
the JK402T, the elements are full-size and both elements are driven.

The top SteppIR is only 14 feet below the 2D-40A. I have done extensive
testing of interaction and have found none. I think you'll be fine with 20
feet between the antennas.

That said, there's likely to be some interference if you're running SO2R or
multi. I do have some, but haven't found it to be an issue as long as I stay
away from harmonically-related frequencies, use stubs and/or filters, etc.

73, Dick WC1M