[TowerTalk] Split Loom as an anti-critter device?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Oct 31 21:15:22 EDT 2018

I have had a lot of wires on or near the ground chewed but never Heliax. I
don't think that the rodents or ? care for the hard PVC. If you can elevate
it on lawn chairs, saw horses etc it is even less likely to be damaged.

John KK9A

From:	Scott Townley NX7U
Date:	Wed, 31 Oct 2018 19:04:48 -0400

New to the Northeast, and all the critters that eat...well, everything when
it gets cold enough.

I am planning on running a length of FSJ-4 (1/2" Andrews superflex) from the
house to the end of the back yard.  In the spring I will bury it, but until
then it needs to sit on top of the lawn.  I worry about something eating
through it--although it's pretty hefty for something to chew on, it wouldn't
surprise me.

I was thinking I'd put the cable in say a 1" or 1-1/2" split cable loom,
just as an extra cover to fend off teeth.  Dumb? Unnecessary?  What does the
Collective Wisdom say?

TIA,

--
Scott NX7U