[TowerTalk] Rohn EP instructions: "Stake all nuts"; what

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Sep 17 14:31:04 EDT 2018

On 9/17/2018 10:28 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
   You could also use a nylock nut
> instead of the PAL nut.   Or just use a nylock period, then  no need for a PAL nut,
> 2nd nut, or  thread locker.  UST  uses  Nylock nuts galore on their crank up towers.
> They dont loosen up.   What bothers me on the Rohn and other towers is the use of
>
> Jim   VE7RF

I use Nylok's all the time.  But the Rohn supplied bolt is galvanized.
AFAIK, they don't make galvanized Nylok's.  At least, McMaster doesn't
sell them, which is normally a bad sign.

Does anyone have any experience with mating non-galvanized nuts with
galvanized bolts?  That's a no no?  I thought that they wouldn't fit due
to the excess zinc material, but I've never tried it.  I suppose
I can also replace the bolt with non-galvanized.

73
Rick N6RK