[TowerTalk] Liquid Electrical Tape?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 3 14:01:19 EDT 2019

I second the clear EXTERIOR acrylic spray 2 coats over the final 33 or
88.  Looks good after 5 years.  Underneath for me is the commercial
Andrew kit buildup of 33 tape and elastomer.

I've found that water can wick under the silicone Rescue and 3M tapes.
For SteppIR joints it is awesome - 7 years no degradation of the 3M
product.  Also for wear resistance, it got a lot of use on my sailboat
turnbuckles to prevent sail and line chafe and snag.

Grant KZ1W

"even free Chinese tape is a bad deal"