[TowerTalk] [TOWERTALK] INSTALLING SURGE ARRESTOR ON A COPPER PLATE

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Apr 3 16:24:46 EDT 2019

Aluminum and copper are not real apart on the galvanic table. Stainless
steel and aluminum are a much worse combination. I would use conductive
grease such as Penetrox between the Array Solutions device and your
plate and simply bolt them together. I have copper and aluminum
connected together in my ground system and I have not seen any issues.

73,
John KK9A - PJ4R in last weekend's WPX contest.

JORGE DIEZ - CX6VM wrote:

Hello

I will be doing coaxial grounding on shack entrance.

Need to install ArraySolutions AS-303 surte arrestors on a copper
surface.

AS-303 have aliminium case. So, i will install them with two screws
directly on the copper plate or is best to apply something to the two
surfaces that will be in contact?

thanks!