[TowerTalk] Liquid Electrical Tape?

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Thu Apr 4 11:17:06 EDT 2019

I double wrap with 33 or 88 and then cake on a very thick layer of RTV
over everything extending past the tape on both ends onto the cable.
Keeps the tape from unwrapping and forms a water tight, UV resistant
barrier.

In over 35 years and probably 50 connections I have only seen one
unexplained failure. I end up with almost 1/4" of RTV over the entire
taped joint and years later, if required, it is easy to make a small
lateral cut and peel it all off to expose the tape. RTV is inexpensive,
I like using GE Type-II.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....