[TowerTalk] KF4BWG

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 18 22:04:04 EDT 2019

Now and then I've seen commercial multiband ribbon cable designs. I
think PVC ribbon cable will have a very brief life in sunlight. With
very close spaced conductors I think it is hard to get the broadbanding
to work well.

One cable that did work a bit for me was to use the Al shield of scrap
or reel ends of 3/4" CATV bare hardline to make an 80m dipole. Simple,
strong, no loss, and about 2x the bandwidth of 14ga Cu IIRC. I used
brass ferrule tubing fittings to make mechanically strong and good RF
feedpoint connections.

IMO the simplest near full band 80m dipole/V antenna is made with the 75
ohm matching section several folks have described.  However, it needs to
be modeled for the height above ground. See AC6LA AutoEZ examples Part 5.

Grant KZ1W