[TowerTalk] Durability of Mastrant rope

Chuck Gooden Chuck.Gooden at comcast.net
Fri Apr 19 11:16:20 EDT 2019

I use 3/16" black Mastraint double braid rope for my wire antenna's and
have not had an issue.  I also use large screw in eye bolts into the
trunk of trees (~12 inch dia) that support the end of the antenna's to
attached the rope too.  I also support the center insulator off of my TV
tower using the rope and attach the feed line to the tower using nylon
UV resistant tie wraps.  I leave a little slack in the antennas to allow
for wind.  The antennas have been up for 3 years and have not had any
issues here in Northern Illinois.

YMMV

Chuck K9LC