[TowerTalk] Durability of Mastrant rope

Edward Mccann edwmccann at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 11:30:29 EDT 2019

But for the real solution, buy a bike lock from Home Depot for $15, one that has a stainless cable covered in thick see-thru poly,  with swaged fittings (that the lock goes thru), choose a desired height, attach two ends of your line to the fittings, attach a marine grade pulley at the top fitting, and pull the assembly so the poly covered section rests on the limb. This is the halyard that pulls up the pulley, through witch you thread the line from the insulator, through the pulley, down to your window sash weights, or sandbag, or whatever you use as the vertical stabilizer. Tree moves, weights move, tree limb happy and does not grow through line or chafe itself to destruction.

Up on the air for thirty years.

Ed McCann
AG6CX

Sent from my iPhone