[TowerTalk] Durability of Mastrant rope

Raymond Benny rayn6vr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 12:09:10 EDT 2019

Pete,

I have been using Synthetic Textiles dacron rope to support my 80m
verticles and ends of other misc antennas for over 30 years. It does
stretch some but for my uses, I just pull the slack out occassionally. It
does have a UV covering.

What I don't know is how it would wear rubbing against a tree, but would
guess not so well. For a straight pull even going through a pulley it works
fine.

I just bought some Mastron rope to try out. I want to use it to build boom
or element struts and stretch is a major consern. Currently, I use wire
rope or phillystran for struts but will try Mastrant to see how it does.

73,

Ray,
N6VR