[TowerTalk] MODEL FOR TOWER

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Fri Apr 26 16:44:06 EDT 2019

Yup, I understand what you are saying and do not disagree. A
clarification please (and this assumes there will be some interaction
between tower and antenna worth worrying about).....were you referring
to how we sometimes "fudge" certain simulations by selecting a Mininec
or perfect type ground (that allows direct contact with Z=0) and then
insert an assumed resistance for that we think are the ground losses
etc? Or were you going to stick to a real, "high-accuracy" type ground
that does not like a connection to ground but make a connection to Z=0
anyway?

Also what value of R should be used ? 2 ohms, 5 ohms, 10 ohms ?  Do most
ops really know what an accurate number to use is for our particular
grounded towers, vertical antennas etc ?  I suspect many are taking a
best guess at a number and assume it is close & hope for the best.

I wish I had NEC-4 but even so I am half tempted to model this darn
situation just to see for myself what the results will be under
different situations hi-hi.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....