[TowerTalk] Radials vs. cows

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 15:41:25 EDT 2019

Many years ago I needed to put down horse proof radials. I rented a cable laying machine that cut a slot in the ground and buried the wire all in one operation. It would go down well over a foot which should be enough.

The downsides to this technique were: The machine was rather expensive; it was articulated in the middle and I found it very difficult to steer so my radials were quite wavy; it needed strong wire; it was easier to start from a small trench - but the machine had a trencher on it.
Good luck!
73 RogerVE3ZI