[TowerTalk] What coax is this?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Aug 6 09:55:44 EDT 2019

The center conductor of RG-142 is solid steel so I would say it is
less flexible. Plus if I recall the shield is tinned which did not
match the original posters description.

John KK9A

Paul Christensen w9ac wrote

> "Maybe 8-10 years ago at Dayton I bought a 3-foot jumper of coaxial cable
with PL-259s (and reducers) on both ends.  It looks like RG-400, about the
same diameter and with the clear jacket, but is much more flexible, and the
braid is not silver-plated.  Anyone know what this is, and where I can get
more of it?"

RG-142 nearly fits your description, but the inner conductor is solid,
copper-clad steel.  I've been using RG400 for so long, I don't recall if it
is more or less flexible than RG-142.

Paul, W9AC