[TowerTalk] Bending Aluminum

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 10 16:29:36 EDT 2019

It won't take a lot of tonnage.  12T probably enough for the width you
might need.  20T surely enough.  Easy to buy  @ Harbor Freight or from
some auto parts stores, and a very useful tool for other press work.

The challenge with the usual antenna 6061-T6 is using the proper radius
dies as T6 is fully hard and will crack if bent on a sharp radius die.
Other softer alloys are a lot less challenging and of course less strong.

Here is a quality supplier with many die set choices, you need to have a
press that fits the width of dies and arbor plates better than the ones
from HF.

https://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-Press-Brake-Kits_c_53.html

I have several of their products but use die sets I welded up from hot
roll angles for bending steel to 3/8 in my 20T press.

Grant KZ1W