[TowerTalk] Voltage and SWR

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Sat Feb 2 12:27:11 EST 2019

I'm really lazy sometimes, ok ok, usually.
Have you been talking to my wife??
I wanted a quick end fed antenna, so brought it, about 150', into the shack through an Al clad window.
The wire was pretty well insulated, but one night, on 80m, I noticed that when I got the match right it would suddenly go way off.
But it was OK at low power.
The hole burned in the Al cladding was about 1/4" in diameter.
Now I have a hole through the wall and a ceramic insulating tube with wing nuts on each of the wall, hamfest find.
Draws a nice arc to a screwdriver when the 4-400 gets wound up!
WL