[TowerTalk] Help with a Yaesu Rotator

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 5 19:27:32 EST 2019

I'm not sure that you have definitively isolated the problem to the
rotator.  The controller motor drive circuit has current regulators in
it so they may be confusing the measurements.  I think connecting a DC
supply to the motor leads w/o the controller and then see if the rotator
rotates both directions and the internal diodes and limit switches work
properly will be definitive.

The Yaesu controller is a zoo both mechanically and electrically (I'll
never fix another one) and many are replaced with Green Herons.  I
thought I had a redrawn schematic by a ham that delved into the
controller, but couldn't find it.  Perhaps another TTalker has a copy.
The factory one in the manual is not at all logical and is very
difficult to understand.

Grant KZ1W