[TowerTalk] Strategies to reduce ice damage?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Feb 8 11:39:34 EST 2019

We don't get many ice storms here but had a good sized one a couple of
years ago - 1" radial plus snow.  I observed my high yagis (above tree
tops) were nearly clean, my guess is there was just enough wind to keep
them moving.  Lower antennas were very heavily loaded, but all survived
ok, a bit to my surprise.

So am wondering if periodic rotation back and forth might be a good
strategy?  It would be nice if an app on the pc or code in the
controller had "icing mode" so I don't need to stay up all night.

Any experiences and techniques worth sharing?  It looks like next week
is headed towards perfect ice storm conditions.

Thanks,

Grant KZ1W