[TowerTalk] HDX-589 rotor and coax arms and why I re-subscribed after many year hiatus

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Feb 9 15:03:56 EST 2019

On 2/9/2019 10:46 AM, Mac wrote:
> My HDX-589 tower was built to accept the old Hy Gain HDR-300 series
> rotor scheme wherein the mast opening both in the top section and rotor
> shelf were offset from the more often used center-line.
>
> I want and have made plans to use a SMALL old time Prop Pitch as the
> rotor of choice.

I have an HDX-5106 with a small PP.  Same top section as yours.
IIRC, I have to partially disassemble the PP (remove the mast clamp) and
even then it can just barely be positioned into the tower thru a
missing cross brace position.  After everything is installed,
there is very little breathing room.  It is inconceivable that
you could use an off center mast.

Rick N6RK