[TowerTalk] HDX-589 rotor and coax arms and why I re-subscribed after many year hiatus

Mac libbysales at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 9 13:46:26 EST 2019

My HDX-589 tower was built to accept the old Hy Gain HDR-300 series
rotor scheme wherein the mast opening both in the top section and rotor
shelf were offset from the more often used center-line.

I want and have made plans to use a SMALL old time Prop Pitch as the
rotor of choice.

Does anyone have experience using the PP in this offset scheme.
Presently I can't run the tower sections out to a point where I can
check or install the PP, and even then I will want to drill out the
rotor plate mounting hole pattern to accept the PP mounting pattern to
keep the existing offset center alignment.

I feel reasonably restricted to the PP as my rotor of choice due to my
antenna/s wind and weight loading.

In this same question I have discovered these new to me CURVED standoff
arms offered by Chris KF7P, using these has a real appeal to me V. using
old time LOOP arms where when lowered I have a heap of coax and control
wiring mixed with Inverted V coax.

When raising the tower it's a pretty much PIA and nearly always requires
2 persons, myself and an understanding wife with a dog that regrets
being in the middle of the wire heap.

What experiences can anyone share about using the curved arms and your
satisfaction levels. From all that I can see Chris seems to have filled
a real niche in our market needs and support.

73, mac/mc  w5mc