[TowerTalk] HDX-589 rotor and coax arms and why I re-subscribed after many year hiatus

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Feb 9 16:57:04 EST 2019

On 2/9/2019 12:32 PM, Mac wrote:
> Rick ur warming my heart [NOT] yes i have the same X brace ability,
> where it can be removed, and i think this a good thing.  A local pal has
> the 572 model, again same top section we share, and the small PP does
> fit just as you describe, but it works.. And his 572 does not have the
> removable X brace feature, Is that feature indicative of a later
> production or earlier production or just to the 589/106 series, if you
> know ?

I said there was a MISSING cross brace, not a removable one.  In any
event, the PP goes through the wall of the tower in only one specific
place.

I use some Texas Towers rotor cable with IIRC, two #14 and six #16
wires.  The #14's go to CW and CCW.  Three of the #16's are in
parallel for the common motor lead.  The other two #16's are for the
pulse signal.  It is taped in a bundle with my RG-216 coax that
all coils up on the ground.

Rick N6RK