[TowerTalk] Is there tower mfg aluminum tower like Rohn 25

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Feb 10 15:13:48 EST 2019

I have owned a few Universal towers. I had one at my Aruba home along with a
Rohn 55g tower, guess which one did not require frequent painting for
corrosion maintenance? N9IWW is apparently looking for an aluminum Rohn 25.
A 12" Universal tower is not very strong. The Universal Tower joints are a
poor design, in my opinion. They upside down so water and dirt collect
inside them and the supplied cheap zinc plated hardware will quickly
disintegrate.

John KK9A

n8de wrote:

I have had great success with Universal towers ... the sections are
10' in length (most Heights tower sections are 8'), and, using the
proper taper schedule, a 60 to 80 foot tower with great wind load
ability is not difficult.

Presently, I have 3 up ... a fourth goes up this year .. and plans
include three more.

Don't think cheap ... they aren't .. but, are all SELF-SUPPORTING, and
no guy-wires are needed. ... nor recommended.

73
Don
N8DE