[TowerTalk] Is there tower mfg aluminum tower like Rohn 25

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Mon Feb 11 10:41:30 EST 2019

I know every one is going to have different experiences and luck with
towers depending on a dozen factors but for what it is worth I have
maintained 3-4 Universal towers (most 70') for over 30 years. Still have
several of the very original ones I bought used back 35 years ago.

I have not had any issues with hole egging or any build up of crud,
dirt, bee's etc and never any water and ice build up. This is in FM18
and EN70. The only two failures I have had were when a tornado came
within several hundred feet and snapped the short tower in half that
held up a 2m Az-El EME array (that was overloaded) and the other was a
very heavy ice coated HF yagi when we then had 60 MPH gusts. I made all
of mine crank down from ground level.:

https://w8bya.com/Gallery/HAM_RADIO/MISC/images/IMG_2890a.jpg

https://w8bya.com/Gallery/HAM_RADIO/MISC/images/IMG_5099a.jpg

Gedas, W8BYA