[TowerTalk] hdx-589 mast alignment ?

Mac libbysales at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 17 13:19:41 EST 2019

To close this thread and question, I did visit with a US Tower engineer,
and indeed this "offset" was a special offered feature to accommodate
the old Hy Gain HDR-300 series rotor.  My concern was driven from
wanting to use a small PP rotor, as it turns out this offset is pretty
much a real PLUS for using a small PP.

The bolt pattern is identical to that of a PP while the HDR used a 3/8"
4 bolt X90 degree bolt spacing and the PP uses a 3/8"  6 bolt x60 degree
pattern, so 2 bolts line up very well needing me to only drill out 2 or
possibly 4 more bolt holes, and yes the small PP will be mounted offset
but still clear the bracing and allow the top section to pass freely in
and out of the next section. so while it was a concern at the outset, it
has really turned out pretty darn good and if anything into an advantage.

Thanks for the answers and help, 73: mac/mc  w5mc