[TowerTalk] Rugged Connectors

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 24 12:43:51 EST 2019

On 2/23/19 7:09 PM, EZ Rhino wrote:
> I was going to say the same thing as Jeff.
>
> When the triple wall glue lined stuff shrinks down, it is really stiff!  I have it on my website or it is available in a lot of other places too.  Practice on a scrap piece of coax first so you can ge an idea of how it behaves after you shrink it.

one can actually buy premolded strain reliefs..

http://www.cable-strain-relief.com/slip_on_cable_strain_reliefs.html

https://www.delcity.net/store/Strain-Relief-Cord-Connectors/p_800839.h_68413

Even ones specifically designed for RG-58 (0.2" diameter)which is pretty
close to RG-8X (0.24" od))

http://www.l-com.com/coaxial-molded-strain-relief-boots-color-coded-for-rg58-size-cable

RG-59 might be a better fit (0.242" od)

http://www.l-com.com/coaxial-molded-strain-relief-boots-color-coded-for-rg59-and-rg62-size-cable

color coded, box of 10 for about $2.50

Some have mininmum buys:
http://www.l-com.com/coaxial-strain-relief-boots
gotta buy at least 88 dollars worth (200 pcs)