[TowerTalk] Weather station recommendations esp wind direction and speed?

terry burge ki7m at comcast.net
Tue Feb 26 02:22:15 EST 2019

Perhap a bit off subject but when I bought my new QTH in October 2016 it had a Wireless Forecast Station hanging on the way. Nice looking 8 1/2" by 10 1/2" digital  unit, La Crosse Technology. Labelled www.lacrossetechnology.com/c83349 FWIW. I don't know how it works but I can't help but feel it gets it's info from some kind of weather service like maybe satellites. Ran out of AAA batteries so I can't get it powered upright now but it seems like it could be a great little unit. Just haven't any idea if there is some outside weather station it uses in my yard and if the batteries could have lasted this long since the previous owner left it. One of those great mysteries of life... But when powered up it sure looks cool with multiple display sections.

Terry
KI7M