[TowerTalk] Weather station recommendations esp wind direction and speed?

Rob N1KEZ rob at n1kez.net
Tue Feb 26 14:38:34 EST 2019

Weather Davis VantagePro 2 for me too. Has been holding up great.

I use a RaspberryPI and WeeWX to upload data to my web and Wunderground (every 2 sec aka RapidFire). It can also upload to CWOps and others.

This software is not Davis specific. In fact it supports many types of hardware. Software is extremely well documented and updated frequently.

Download at:
http://weewx.com/

My site:
http://www.n1kez.net/wx/index.html
(Templates are very extensible. Mine is default. See WeeWX site for other examples)

Last note, I use the weather info to keep my beam 90° off the wind when dealing with a Pacific NW storm.

http://pstrotator.com/

73 & gud DX
Rob de N1KEZ