[TowerTalk] Weather station recommendations esp wind direction and speed?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Feb 28 19:45:51 EST 2019

I'll second the recommendations for the Davis Vantage Pro2 and weewx.
The main complaint you hear about Davis is that it's expensive.  That
includes the computer interface, which is extra.  While I've heard good
things about Peet, most of the low-cost stuff gets a bad rap for
reliability.  I'm on only my second Davis since I think 2002.  Ask
people with Lacrosse and Ambient how many years they get out of each new
station.

Do think about height for the wind sensor, and proximity to other
things.  I see them mounted on towers, and I'm unclear on how much that
impacts measurments, so I should go read the setup guidelines.

73 de n1dam