[TowerTalk] JK 402 versus CC XM-240

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Tue Feb 26 10:14:26 EST 2019

I realize this is getting OT from the original post but if you already
own a 2L 40m yagi and are thinking about replacing it because of
inadequate F/B consider transforming it into a 2L rotatateable phased array.

As an experiment several years I converted my XM-240 into a phased array
of my own design because the F/B was so poor regardless of height above
ground. In the end I was very impressed with it's performance. The mod
was simple and took less then several days to implement. Some F/B
examples can be seen in this video I shot (just be gentle as it was the
very first video I ever made or put on YouTube and had no clue what I
was doing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCrwEzQ9d0M&t=1s

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com