[TowerTalk] JK 402 versus CC XM-240

Tom Georgens tomgeorgens15 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:50:42 EST 2019

As Grant indicates, I use two W6NL Moxons at 8P5A.  They are on different towers and are not phased.

Overall, I could not be happier with them.  While I do not have an antenna testing range, they seem to have a discernible pattern across the whole band an have an SWR below 1.4:1 at the band edges.  I seem to be able to work people with them

The prior antenna was a 3L Hygain that I struggled to keep working.  I took the driven element down at least 30 times.  Plus, it was not clear how broadband it was, either in terms of pattern, and certainly not in the case of SWR.

I can’t speak to the JK antenna, but the W6NL has held up well so far in a very corrosive, but no ice environment. With the Tbars it is not an easy antenna to install without a crane.  Twisting it up through the guy wires was extremely difficult and required some steps I would not recommend.

Thanks to W6NL for his technical contribution

73 Tom W2SC 8P5A

Sent from my iPad