[TowerTalk] Splicing Mastran

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 27 17:10:19 EST 2019

Splice techniques for many types of ropes at
https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/document.do?docId=922

A carrick bend is often recommended for joining even unequal size lines
for sailing.  My arborist climber seemed to like the Zeppelin bend.
Also there is the butterfly bend. Probably most important is to tie
whatever correctly and test it against the slippery-ness of the rope and
if it will shake out.  I've had the classic bowline shake out in cyclic

https://www.netknots.com/rope_knots/arborist-knots

Grant KZ1W