[TowerTalk] More on Half Wave (and HFTA)

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Jan 19 17:24:03 EST 2019

Excellent post Shawn.

I was concerned about this when W9AC mentioned small height changes making
big radiation angle differences at W3CRA(sk)
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/towertalk/2019-January/162525.html

Also I have seen many people use HFTA to optimize stacking heights and it
does not calculate interaction of close beams properly.

John KK9A

From: Shawn Donley n3ae
Date: Sat Jan 19 13:17:35 EST 2019

Since terrain effects have entered the discussion, here's my 2 cents
(probably less) on the subject.   Like any modeling program, be careful
interpreting HFTA results.   See my earlier post at:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2016-07/msg00350.html

N3AE