[TowerTalk] More on Half Wave (and HFTA)

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 20:30:02 EST 2019

On 1/19/19 2:24 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> Excellent post Shawn.
>
> I was concerned about this when W9AC mentioned small height changes making
> big radiation angle differences at W3CRA(sk)
> http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/towertalk/2019-January/162525.html
>
> Also I have seen many people use HFTA to optimize stacking heights and it
> does not calculate interaction of close beams properly.

I believe it models them as independent point sources with a specified
elevation and azimuth pattern with Hpol.

One could, in theory, run a vertical pattern with NEC with both antennas
(in whatever configurations) in "free space"  and then feed that into
HFTA (or a HFTA like program) to do the far field pattern.