[TowerTalk] Tougher antenna rope

RCM robrk at nidhog.net
Tue Jan 22 16:06:25 EST 2019

> On Jan 22, 2019, at 15:26, N4ZR <n4zr at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I have a small variety of wire HF antennas that I've placed high in my trees with a tennis ball gun.  All great except that the lifetime of the rope I've been using (3/16" polypropylene braid with an unbraided core) seems quite short, probably because of chafing against moving branches near the tops of trees.

Do the pulley thing.

Also, go read about “Mule Tape”

I have some made with Kevlar. Up for ten years.

What you don’t use for antennas, tow a car…. Done that.

You may not need the 2500 pound stuff.

http://www.neptco.com/website/neptco.nsf/sec/6.3 <http://www.neptco.com/website/neptco.nsf/sec/6.3>

https://ribbonfactory.com/store/category/34/1.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInf700qOC4AIVx-DICh0qZwuaEAAYASAAEgLuDvD_BwE <https://ribbonfactory.com/store/category/34/1.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInf700qOC4AIVx-DICh0qZwuaEAAYASAAEgLuDvD_BwE>