[TowerTalk] FW: Your Enrolled Payment has been initiated

Alan NV8A nv8a at charter.net
Sat Jan 26 10:46:59 EST 2019

I got an email a few days ago purporting to be from Chase Bank about a
problem with my account. I do have a Chase card but not a regular bank
account.

I use Thunderbird for reading emails, and I display in plain text unless
clicking the "Show HTML" button seems appropriate, so I could see that
the sender's email address was obviously nothing to do with Chase, and
the "Log in" button went to somewhere other than Chase.

When I tried to forward it to abuse at chase.com, my ISP blocked it as
"Spam" -- and even when I put spaces between some of the letters in that
email address and link URL. So why did the ISP let it get to me in the
first place, you ask. Because I got fed up with them flagging as Spam
messages that were not Spam (especially from Yahoo groups), so I told
them to stop *their* Spam checks and let me decide what is and isn't Spam.

73

Alan NV8A