[TowerTalk] HDBX Version History...

k7lxc at aol.com k7lxc at aol.com
Tue Jul 2 12:49:29 EDT 2019

>  I recently asked a question about HDBX 48 torque loading. Another
towertalkian told me his failed in about 80 MPH winds. He sent me a picture of his failed HDBX 48 (more heavily loaded than mine by a fair bit) that failed. Something I noticed in the picture was that his HDBX48?? had only *five* X-braces per section; I thought it looked odd, so I went out and looked at mine: mine has *six* X-braces per section. He said his was manufactured sometime around 1968-1970 while mine was put up around 1986, so was probably made around that time.
>  Did Rohn change the design of their BX towers to add another X-brace to each section, or am I seeing things?
    Nope, your eyesight is ok. The original tower you saw was the AX.

Cheers,Steve    K7LXC